It seems I've been absent for a month or so.
I apologize. To my readers, relatives, and posterity (I'm hoping this will be a journal-of-sorts for our lives...you know since I never mastered mad scrap booking skills).
I have been much engaged elsewhere, to say the least.
The holidays were fabulous. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed NOT living out of suit cases and NOT sleeping on living room floors for three weeks. It was delightful retiring to our own home at the end of festivities and functions (and there were A LOT of them!).
I do believe we are starting to feel at home here in this beautiful, green drizzly place.
It sure felt like home on Christmas morning. The boys made it magical! Their anticipation and excitement was contagious.
And, by way of announcement...
Franklin Chiropractic, P.S. opened doors on January 4th, 2010!
So that might give you some idea of what we've been up to the last few weeks (demo, cleaning, spackling, sanding, priming, painting, assembling, painting, tiling, grouting, painting, shopping, framing, moving, painting...
I guess I could've just said remodeling. But no, that hardly describes what we really did.
We really made 287 trips to Home Depot (even made friends with some of the employees). We really stayed at the office past 1:30am six nights in a row (till 3am one night). We really missed our children while they were farmed out to relatives for a week (thanks guys...more praise coming your way!). And...
We really transformed the office from drab and cluttered to modern and chic! Can't wait to show it off in the next post!
It's a little late, but Happy Holidays to you and yours! I hope you feel the magic of this season throughout the new year, and decade! May the good news of the Gospel be in your lives and the love of our Savior Jesus Christ be in your hearts.
Prophetic words of wisdom here...



Congrats! I totally remember the remodeling part and all the trips to Home Depot (well, Lowes for us, but still). Congrats on getting started!!! So, are you guys all on your own? For some reason, I thought he was going into another doc's office. Good luck with everything!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you guys! Congrats on the office. Whenever we come up to visit, I'll have to see the office too. (Oh, by the way, your "mad scrapbooking skills" comment made me laugh). :)
ReplyDelete