Last weekend Brad and I celebrated our 7-year anniversary. Can you believe we've been married that long?
Neither can we.
So, thanks to my wonderful mom and Brad's business partner Dr. Findlay, we had four days to celebrate child-free and work-free. And since we're not rolling in the dough yet, we postponed Mexico and settled for a mini-local-vacation.
Friday we hopped a ferry to Seattle and walked Pike Place--get this--with NO double stroller! It was fabulous. We tried delicious things from several continents at the street vendors and window shopped right through nap time. Then we met my cousin Cassie, her fiance' James, and their adorable daughter Evaline. They took us to Etta's, a fabulous little cafe where Brad tried his first Oyster on the half shell and I ran into an old friend from college.
When we walked Cassie back to her car she gave us a huge bag full of baby girl clothes! Awesome. Thank you Cassie! I ooohhed, ahhhed, and giggled as I went through every piece of clothing.
That evening we spent at Brad's mom's house watching Avatar on her ginormous flat screen. She kindly gave up her bed for us that night.
The next day was a real treat. I attended the bridal shower of my good friend Jill. She and I were close in high school. It was so good to meet her awesome fiance' Senthil and hear their plans for an Indian wedding. So happy for you guys!
That afternoon we checked into a hotel in Federal Way and then headed back to Seattle for dinner at Jak's Steakhouse. Brad's Aunt Linda & Uncle Bob gave us a gift card to Jak's for Christmas and we were waiting for the right occasion to use it. The food and presentation were phenomenal! Thank you Linda & Bob!!!
The next two days we spent enjoying the hotel's pool, cable, and glass-walled elevator--serious fun! We also hit Ikea, Trader Joe's, Jamba Juice, and the Cheesecake Factory. I don't think I would ever leave Kitsap County if these establishments graced the Peninsula!
We were suppose to get the boys back from my Mom on Monday, but by Sunday night we broke down and had her meet us at the hotel. I thought it was adorable that it was actually Brad's idea. We'd spent the last 3 days talking about them, quoting them, talking to them on the phone, and really missing them. It was time.
The only pictures from our whole trip are at the swimming pool with the boys. The rest of the trip I was so liberated by not having a stroller and large mom-bag with me that I didn't bother with my camera at all. Hence all the text in this post. :)
All in all, we had a blast. It was really nice to take a break from work and focus on having fun together.
Here's to the next 7 years...and all eternity!
Love you babe.


I miss Brigham!! I miss all of you but mostly Brigham. hahaha. Maybe because he reminds me of Noah??? Maybe it's because he adores me??? Give him a kiss from me! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete