Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bringing Samuel Home

Adopting Samuel

I should have blogged about this months ago but I wanted to make the post all special and so I kept putting it off...now I just need to get this info out there and so here it goes:

Brad and I have some dear friends in Utah that we met years ago and still keep in contact with. Their names are Stephanie and Fridrik Gudmundsson. They are an awesome couple who unfortunately have battled infertility their entire marriage. Due to other complications, they did not think adopting was possible. But alas! Their own personal miracle has occurred and they are in the process of adopting Samuel from a small orphanage in Ghana. Their story is truly inspiring and you can read all about it on their site, The Book Of Samuel, dedicated to bringing their son home.
Stephanie and Fridrik have both been students for the better part of the last decade and they need help raising the last of the funds to make their dreams of parenthood a reality. They will be the most loving, intelligent, and excellent parents any child could have. (Fun Fact: Fridrik helped translate the Book of Mormon into Icelandic!) Check out their site for ways to help even if you don't have cash on hand to give. Thanks for reading!

Isn't he precious?! I'm so excited to meet him! And I can't wait for our friends to experience the inexplicable joy of being parents. Along with being my husbands wife, it is truly the best thing about my life! Now go read their story!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I did not see this sooner! Alanna THANK YOU SOOOO much for posting this and getting the word out!It means alot!
    Thank you for being incredible friends despite the distance and time! We are so grateful for your friendship.
    On an other note...Fridrik and I LOVE reading your blog. We love the videos of Allen. And being so far away it is wonderful to watch both of your boys grow!
    Thanks again for the post!

    ReplyDelete