Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Moving...again.

I'm busy packing boxes these days.

We are relocating to the Olympic Peninsula on Saturday.

We're moving because my dear husband is opening his own practice in Silverdale! Yay!

It's been a work in progress for the past several months and I suppose our move makes it official. We are hoping to start seeing patients on January 4th. But there's still about 1,734 things to do before that can happen--wish us luck! More to come as the practice progresses.


I meant to post the traditional "I'm thankful for..." list because of the recent holiday, but I've been a little...um, preoccupied. Not just with the holiday, family gatherings, starting a business, and preparing to move. I've been, "bespeckled", as Brad affectionately calls me. Remember those beautiful antibiotics that took my bronchitis away? Yeah, well, they gave me pityriasis rosea. We actually thought it was hives for the first few days but then it got worse and my mom recognized what it is. Lucky me, I happen to be allergic to the standard treatment, antihistamines. So, we're left with topical options (aka "suffer"). Not scratching these babies has become a full time job! I started on Prednisone today. I'm praying that helps. If you're brave enough, do a google image search on "pityriasis rosea". It's gross. I'm gross too, but I won't be posting photos.

Happy belated Thanksgiving. More to come when our internet is set up at our new place. It's actually a house!--not our house, just one we're renting. But there is a toy room. A whole room, just to put toys in and let my boys go wild. Blessed room. I can't wait.

6 comments:

  1. You poor thing. I am so sorry that you were/are sick. I was sad that I didn't get to see you...but I am sure that you didn't want to go anywhere.

    Good luck on your future endeavors...I am sure that this practice will be a lot of work but worth it in the long run.

    Enjoy your house...it is wonderful even if you are renting. We are renting too...and I think it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALANNA!!!! Email me @ mishkamo@yahoo.com and let me know where you are going to be! That is so exciting... I am SO excited! :) I'm sorry you've been dealing with all that though, Alanna... no fun! I hope it goes away quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Good luck with the move and the new practice...so stressful isn't it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and Good Luck!!! I LOVE that area of Washington!!!! Oh but moving during the holidays and sickness - no fun!!!! Our prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with everything!! It's an exciting ride! :)

    I hope you get over your sickness soon, too. :( No fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could be there to help you pack, play with the boys and get you well! take care dear.

    ReplyDelete