Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

Juvenescence

Today I was thinking about my dear husband. If you've met him, you know that he's a big kid.

Not that he's immature...more that he never lost the magic of being a child. He possesses a spirit of curiosity and wonderment that I have seldom encountered in the fully grown.

Case in point:

This morning was exceptionally sunny. Right before he needed to leave for work, Bradley began to wonder if Mt. Rainier is visible from our roof. So he got out a ladder, climbed to the roof, and investigated. He descended with a sad news. Mt. Rainer is not visible from our roof. The trees are too tall. But what fun it was to climb to the roof!

Two nights ago he stayed in the garage until 3:30am working on a table that he's been building for his electric train set. He's rigging a pulley system so that the enormous table will be stored close to the ceiling.

Yesterday he took the boys through a car wash in the van--not because the van was dirty, but for the fun of experiencing a high pressured car wash from within the vehicle. They had a ball.


All I can say is that my boys are the luckiest. How fun it is to have a father who enjoys life through youthful eyes.

I can also say that I am the luckiest. How wonderful it is to have a companion who helps me turn off autopilot and savor existence. (You know, except those days when I need adult conversation and he won't stop quoting movies!)

Thats what I've been thinking.

5 comments:

  1. It's true. So nice to have a big kid around. It's nice to know that when he walks in and I throw the kids at him and grab the keys to go, they will both probably has just as much fun as whatever escape I have planned. Very cool indeed! Yay for good husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm married to a big kid myself. It's great, even when I come around a corner only to have Autrey scare me so bad my heart hurts. He once hid in the trunk of the car so he could scare me. It worked! P.S.-I love those car washes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that we all forget how to be a "big kid" and enjoy the wonders of this world and the small things too. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brad is definitely an over sized kid. :) My boys LOVE the car wash, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. I too am married to a man who seizes the moment and helps me to savor the magic in life. What a blessing. Brad is so great, and I can see the twinkle he has in his eyes as he is doing all of those things. I love your water photos too! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete