Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter and other photos

Last week was a little out of the ordinary. We had a 3-day long Grand Reopening at Brads office, General Conference, an Easter birthday party, and two sick little boys. Along with the passing of Mike, some parts of life have been a little wearing. But there's also the good. So much good.

General Conference was a spiritual feast. I enjoyed the messages--many of which were extraordinarily applicable for our family.
I wasn't really prepared for Easter this year. I want to be the mom who makes Easter cookies and buys Easter outfits and takes Easter pictures and creates awesome Easter baskets for her children on Easter morning. Yeah--not even close. So thanks to my mom this year for making the commercial version of Easter happen for my boys.

Brig was a natural at Easter egg hunting. He loved it!

Allen just loved the candy inside. This kid has a serious sweet tooth.

All the kids at Grandmas waiting for the egg hunting go-ahead. (And my camera on the wrong setting!)

Even though most of the Cherry Blossoms have bloomed and gone here...these beauties are overtaking our yard.

I love waking up and looking out our window. Flowers, flowers, and more flowers is all you can see. It's a beautiful way to start the day.

Our house backs up to woods. Its so pretty there too. Just thought I'd share these beauties I stare at every day.

Yesterday we left church after Sacrament meeting. The boys are feeling better but still have coughs and runny noses. We thought we'd spare their primary teachers but that left us with the entire day and unseasonably warm temperatures. So we headed to the park down the road for a picnic and walk on the beach.

Brig carried the stick around like a little Gandalf the whole time.

We had a picnic on a small patch of dry sand right in the boat launch. No wind. It was perfect.

If this little man gets any more handsome--we're in trouble.

He's a part-time Daddy's boy and part-time Mommy's boy. I can't get enough of him.

And this is my adorable new serving tray I got for hosting a Pampered Chef party. I love it. I think we'll be eating something off of it every day for the next few weeks. I made these cupcakes for some friends in the ward. If you have any recipe ideas let me know in the comments.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cupcakes, Alanna! I just want to dive right into that picture and eat all that chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you all are doing well! Your boys are already looking so much older! It's seriously crazy how fast they grow! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your eye for photography! (look I'm posting :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy smokes when did your boys get so big?!?!? seriously, overnight?! p.s. snuggling is way better than being super easter mom! :)

    ReplyDelete