Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hello again...

I interrupt this regularly ignored blog to update the status of our family.

As many of you know (thank you facebook!), our family is plus one.


Esme' Alanna Franklin graced us with her presence at 37 weeks. Needless to say we were not quite ready for her, but she's made up for it by being the sweetest, best little baby on the planet. She was born on Saturday, August 28th at 5:13pm, weighing in at 6 lbs and measuring 19 inches long.




She was by far the most difficult pregnancy, yet the easiest delivery. Yes, I dare use the word easy even though we're speaking of childbirth here. She really was. And she's been an easy baby ever since. I still don't think I would recognize her cry in a line up of babies. I haven't heard it enough in her short life! And she smiles. Real smiles. Her first Daddy-induced smile was at 1 & 1/2 weeks!

One thing is certain, her brothers ADORE her.






I could write a book full of their sweet little exclamations about her...
"I protect baby Esme'!"
"I keep her safe!"
"I love her A LOT! So much!"
"I sing you a song sister..."
"I defeat anyone who takes my baby!"
"This my baby, not [insert several names]'s baby!"

We are loving having her as part of the family. She certainly has a special place in each of our hearts.


Welcome baby Esme'! We love you!



P.S. About the blog...
Yeah, I sort of went incognito for the entire months of July and August. My only explanation is...well, a combination of two things actually. We were extremely busy (including lots of work stuff, but also tons of recreational things as well) and I took WAY too many pictures. I started getting so far behind and had too many fun activities to post about that it just became overwhelming and I never caught up.
Another contributing factor is FACEBOOK! Wow. Could they make it any easier to upload a quick pic from my phone and write about it? (LOVE my Droid!) And the instant feedback and connections...it's addicting. I've really enjoyed staying in touch with friends and family that way.

So we'll see. I'm actually in the process of deciding whether or not to continue this blog. I've certainly had fun keeping this record of the last 3 years of our lives. I've used it as an online scrapbook/journal of sorts. I will miss it if I stop, but I'm just not sure how to fit it in with this new life having 3 children and a practice to run with the hubby. So again, we'll see. :)

12 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest kids ever! Keep the blog- but you'll have to add some "new feet" at the top :) You can post on the blog and then just link FB to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I'll all about the blog... Somehow it seems more personal?! At least I get more details than on facebook! Congratulations on a beautiful addtion to the family. I'm glad she has been so easy for you--may it continue through the teen years :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute little girl. I LOVE the picture of the boys giving kisses in their cute sweaters. Very sweet. I vote for you to keep the blog, but that's just me. I may have to break down and get my own Facebook instead of lurking on Autrey's account. Congrats! You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esme' is SOOOO precious

    I was telling Sam that we should try to get out to WA to visit you guys soon!

    Man, it's pretty bad when my mother seems to be keeping up with Franklin family news better than me ;) Shame on me.

    But I'm glad for blogs/fb so that I can at least catch up every once in awhile...

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats! your baby girl is darling! Love the pictures.

    and please don't stop blogging...it is soooo much better than facebook in the long run..in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you stop blogging I will cry. I did 2 cartwheels when I saw you had blogged again. Thats pretty awesome since I feel like dooky 24/7 these days.
    Cute girly too! Excited to hold her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited to see your post! CONGRATS!! give my guys a big hug from me and tell Brad to give one to you from me! your newest little one is so adorable and I can see her two older brothers are already smitted! MARVELOUS!! Hope all is well my dear! All my love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remember back in college when I said you have awesome legs? After seeing that picture of Esme all new with just half your face, I'm going to add lips to that statement. Brad is one lucky man!

    Your kids are adorable. That picture of Brigham and Esme--it's like he's exhaling adoration. Love it!

    Keep blogging friend. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats guys! Those pics of Esme' with the boys were absolutely darling. Love them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those quotes from the boys about Esme' are too cute!

    keep your blog...it's waaaay better then facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Emily J - hahaha, when I was reading your post - I thought you were going to say 'boobs' ;)

    but since you didn't... i'll just go ahead and add that to the 'Brad's one lucky man' list..hahahaha

    ps. when's that reunion again cuz I'm thinking it's not coming fast enough. miss you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha. Em & Aud you crack me up! But thank you for the compliments. You both are TOO kind! :) Miss you gals! Love you!

    ReplyDelete