Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

I know, I know...

So the trouble with my declaration about blogging monthly is that it came just before we moved. And you know how moving goes...

Two months later I feel like we're getting into a routine that resembles aspects of normality.

But what to do with my blog? The job of actually "catching up" is so daunting that I cringe-and simultaneously yawn-every time I contemplate the task.

The simplest thing to do would just be to skip those months, accept that I've been a bad blogger, and move on with the now...

Because now is exciting. Right now my kids are growing up. Right now so much has changed. Even in these last 6 months. Can you believe it's been that long? Me neither.

And so, because you're dying to know, and I'm guilting over my absence...here is what has changed:


-I've lost 40 lbs. I know... Go me! I'm pre-pregnancy weight (from all 3 children) and loving it!

-Esmé is turning into a little lady. She is the heart of our family and the essence of joy in our little corner of the planet. Her babyhood is soaring by far too fast.

-Our young practice is thriving! Yay! That first tumultuous year where we sacrificed our lives to build the practice is paying off...that AND a brobdingnagian--it's an adjective meaning gigantic...cool huh?--amount of blessing from the Lord.

-Allen is loosing teeth and learning to read. *tear*

-Due to some wonderful colleagues, and the aforementioned divine intervention, we have moved into a gorgeous home on 3 acres. I cannot even describe how perfect this place is for our family. From the grounds to the paint colors...it's like someone took orders for our dream home. We love it!

-Brigham is smart, manipulative, and VERY funny. He has Brad and I enrolled in "parenting 501".

-I have several new projects I'm working on...but this is sort of a tease because I'm not going to elaborate. *mischievous laugh*


That's all I can think of for updates.

We continue to LOVE living in this beautiful part of the country. The Pacific Northwest is an outdoors-paradisiacal-playground. We've been hiking and biking and playing outside every chance we get. The views are just breathtaking in every directions. We love to frequent all of the farmers markets, take ferry rides, and explore new parks & beaches.

Life is good. Really really good.

I hope this update finds you healthy and excited about your life.

-Alanna <3

PS. If you're on my blogroll...then I've been reading and enjoying your blog. Please keep them going. I still love reading them. :)



3 comments:

  1. so glad you are back...I missed you. And congrats on the weight loss...that is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the other Emily...I missed your blog! Thanks for the update!
    And congrats on the weight loss! That is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alanna, I'm so glad you posted a link to your blog on Facebook or I never would have found it. Your family is so adorable! I love that you named your daughter Esme. I have always loved that name. I'm glad you guys are doing so well. If we are ever in the PacNW we will be sure to let you know.

    ReplyDelete