I'm not going to lie. We were ALL really hoping for a girl. We want Esmé to have a sister and its so perfect that they're going to be close in age. We love that our boys are 2-years apart and share such a special bond. If I could have handpicked the birth order and genders of my children this would be my exact fairytale choice. I'm ecstatic! We all feel very blessed.
The pregnancy is going well. We are at 21 weeks right now. She is very healthy and looks great at my check-ups. At my last appointment I finally gained a few pounds. Yay! I've either lost weight or stayed exactly the same. I'm finally out of the "puke-phase" and can enjoy food again. Wahoo! I've missed food. A lot.
Now my only pregnancy nemesis is the migraine headaches. They are pretty awful during my second trimesters. I stayed another night in the hospital a week ago. It was a combo of horrible migraine, food poisoning and dehydration. The food poisoning was really my fault. I know I'm suppose to stay away from soft cheeses during pregnancy but I ate some gorgonzola on Saturday night and got really sick on Sunday morning (and all that day and the rest of the next night). :(
Overall things are improving though. When I don't have a migraine I feel amazing. I feel like me again! I've been cooking and cleaning and taking my kids to the park. Health really is incredible. Without it life is just hard. This whole experience has really made me focus again on fostering health, for myself and my family. I'm sure I'll blog more about that in the future. :)
Congratulations! It's fun that we'll both be having girls in December. I occasionally get migraines, usually due to dehydration I think. I usually start seeing spots. Does that happen for you? What I figured out for the spots was to put an ice pack on my forehead and lay down. The migraine doesn't quite go away, but the spots are usually gone in about 30 minutes. Then as I slowly get some more water in my system (too much at once makes me puke), then I feel better. Sometimes I can kick the migraine in about 1.5 hours. Anyway, they're no fun. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteThanks Annie!
DeleteDehydration definitely exacerbates my migraines but I'm convinced they're hormone induced. In my first 3 pregnancies the day I got my first migraine I was never nauseous again. It seemed like a complete hormone switch.
I never get spots but I'm very light and sound sensitive. That's usually my first clue that one is beginning. I've tried everything to stop them but they can get out of control if I don't medicate for them early enough. I hate taking drugs but I've taken one called Midrin in all 4 pregnancies now. Some of the headaches can last up to 7 or 8 days and occasionally one won't respond to the Midrin and I have to spend a day or night in the ER trying something else. Definitely no fun.
But when I don't have a migraine these days I feel great. :)
I hope you're feeling well.
YEAH!! We love close sisters! our 2 girls now- are praying this next one due the first week of Feb is a boy. The oldest one (Charlotte) said in prayers the other night "Heavenly Father please send me a brother because I have 1 sister, and I can't take another." Adam and I bolted for the door snorting the whole way. I love how cute you are preggo, and you have such a talent with your camera. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDelete