Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Hurricane Ridge

We've had a few very busy weeks in our household lately.  Between my husbands long hours at work, Brigham's allergy battles, Esmé's stomach flu, holiday preparations and my ever increasing waistline...it's been a little overwhelming.  

To help ease the stress we decided to cancel everything one Saturday and take the kids over to the Olympic Peninsula.  We headed to Sequim and the Olympic Game Farm first.  It's a great drive-through zoo experience where you can feed all kinds of animals from your car.  We took lots of videos on our phones of that experience but no photographs.  

Next we drove up to Hurricane Ridge in search of snow.  The boys were very excited that there was at least a dusting at the top.  It was enough to make snow angels and throw a few snowballs so they were happy.  

Here are the photos from that portion of the trip:
 Yep, my husband made his own raccoon hat.  I forget how cool it is until he wears it and gets tons of compliments and questions from strangers.  :)

 We found snow!  I was getting nervous towards to the top of the mountain road when we hadn't seen any yet. 

 I'm glad we packed lots of winter gear.  It was super cold at the summit.  Esmé was hilariously bundled.  She had to sway from side to side just to walk.  :)



 "Wait for me!"


 Kisses for Daddy.



 The view from Hurricane Ridge is fantastic.  You can see Canada across the water.
  




 A snowball all ready to throw off the edge...



 This was the only shot I could get of all 3 of the children together.  They, especially Brig, were not cooperating.  

 The hearty belly-laugh after hitting his brother with a snowball. 

 And here comes Allen to retaliate...



Daddy "snow bending".  :)

This was a much needed fun day.  We even stopped for pie on the way home.  

There's only so many rushed weekdays and weekends we can take before everyone in the home starts feeling the stress.  I'm glad we made this time to spend together as a family. 

2 comments:

  1. Great pics, Alanna! It looks like you guys had a really fun time. Glad you could get a little break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great pictures! The lighting is really good in all of them. I LOVE THESE KIDS!

    ReplyDelete