Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sad News

Hi Friends. I am posting to inform all that I will probably not be posting for a while. Brad's step-father, John Carey, was killed by a drunk driver early Sunday morning. Brad's little brother, Jeremy, was following John and witnessed his death. We left Sunday afternoon for Seattle, got stuck in Denver overnight, and arrived here Monday afternoon. It is wonderful to have the whole family together but sad that it has to be on such tragic circumstances.
John and Brad's mom were married just a couple years ago. He has 3 young children from a previous marriage. He was a great friend to us and very welcoming during our visits. He was always smiling and making people laugh. The last time we saw him he came to see us off at the airport and bought us all breakfast. We will miss him.
Right now we are here to lend support to family. Brad has to return to MO for finals next week but the boys and I will stay for a couple weeks. I should be available through e-mail throughout the trip.
Talk to you all soon.

8 comments:

  1. I am sooooo sorry for your loss! If you're up to getting together while you're here, let me know!
    Prayers are with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so sorry for your loss! I hope things go well for you guys while you're out there. We'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that this has happened to your family. You'll be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're sorry to hear that. You'll be in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your tragic loss. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear that! I hope that all will be alright. Your family will be in my prayers and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Sorry, you guys have been in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. We'll be thinking about you

    ReplyDelete