Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

quintessentially washington

We've been busy the past couple weeks enjoying the last days of Summer in the Northwest.
We start with the classic Puyallup Fair.

Cousin, Hayden, shared his cotton candy with Allen. This was his first time tasting the fibrous sugar and it took some convincing for him to actually put it in his mouth.


Clearly, not impressed. So what do you do with something you don't want to eat?....

Feed it to your baby brother! (He'll eat anything.)

Fair food! Yum! This is (what was left of) an elephant ear. Delish!

We made up for the cotton candy with an ice cream cone. So yummy!

But even better when eaten with Grandpa!

Ladies, doesn't this photo just make you cringe? Maybe it's because I'm still nursing. I'm sure glad my children don't come in litters!

Look who's standing! I love Brigham's face...he's so proud of himself.

Check out these amazing little pups. They've been on Leno, that was enough for us to stay and watch.
Then Allen was chosen to be part of the show!

Allen's the child on the far left (doing an excellent job ducking while the dog jumps over him!). I was so surprised when he raised his hand and then walked right up on stage. No fear!

Here he is taking a bow (and reveling in the cheers of the crowd!).

Then it was off to the rides! It only took one and Allen was hooked.

Here is the little bouncing boy yelling, "Again! Again!" as soon as he stepped off the ride.

Could you say no to this face?
Yep. Me neither. So he and his cousins rode rides the rest of the night.

Allen & Mommy on the balloons!

Auntie Jenny took the boys on a big-kid ride (and laughed the whole time!).

Hayden and Allen on the roller coaster.

Daddy with the boys in the balloons. (Do you think he fits? Hayden and Marcus look comfortable with his knees in their faces! Haha.)

And then there is Brigham, who stayed happy even though he was very jealous that he couldn't ride the rides like the big boys. Next year little-man, next year.


Mt. Rainier

On Brad's day off we took the boys up to Paradise at Mt. Rainier for some hiking. It is aptly named!


This is how we hike with a 3-year-old. Daddy pulls him up the hill with a harness. It comes in handy on our way down too (if Allen trips we just tug on the harness and keep him upright).

Until the little hiker won't take another step. Then....

Daddy carries two! What a strong, handsome hunk!

This is our "eating rock" that Allen was excited to find. Whenever we hike in Zion Nat'l Park we find a big rock to eat on. So, on our way to Mt. Rainier Allen started talking about the rock we would find and he did. It was perfect!


After some refreshments we continued up the hill to this gorgeous spot and took in the view from the mountain's south side.



I thought I'd add this silly-pose of Allen's since half the pictures I take of him these days are like this. Such a cutie!


Pike Place

The hoppin' market downtown on Pike Street is a fiesta for your senses. The colors, smells, and tastes! If you ever get the chance....experience it!



For a moment I forgot where I was. Some place foreign maybe?


We walked around the market eating fresh raspberries, smelling the endless bouquets of flowers, and sampling all sorts of exotic treats. It was bliss!


Then we walked down the pier and hopped on the Ferry for a ride across the Pudget Sound to Auntie Jenny's house for dinner. Such a fun way to get there!






The boys LOVED the ferry ride!


Even the inside of the boat was an adventure!

It was a happy family day!


But the very best part about living in Washington is our extended family!

We don't have to miss parties anymore!

There is so much fun to be had with cousins...

...with Aunties

...and with Uncles!


Thus far, we LOVE living in Washington!

P.S. This put a huge smile on my face. :)

4 comments:

  1. You are making me sooooo homesick. I love the northwest. WHat wonderful memories you are starting with you little guys. BTW: they are so stinkin' cute. I love the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you have settled in and are having a great time!!! I bet you are glad to be "home".
    Loved seeing the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys have been having fun! I know we just saw you guys, but even in the short time since then, your boys are looking older to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brig is getting so big! looks like you guys are having a great time back home in WA.

    ReplyDelete