A few months ago we met Ken, Christa, Kelsey & Kyla, a wonderful family that simply fit right into our lives. Now we're just trying to figure out how we ever got along without them? :)
Today is Kelsey's birthday and last night we threw her a fabulous surprise party. It was SO MUCH FUN planning and executing the party.
Kyla, Kelsey, Me.
Yes, I've found my 6-foot-soul-sisters. I feel so normal standing next to them.
(They're almost 6', I've got an inch on each of them.)
(They're almost 6', I've got an inch on each of them.)
Although she figured it out in the parking lot it was still an overall surprise!
We held the party in our loft and decked it out in Kelsy's favorite color.
Lots of people came to support her... some family came from quite a distance.
This is the girls' Momma (and my new friend) Christa.
I love our expressions here. She loves me! Haha.
(I look scared but I was just surprised)
We played a fun memory game that was all about Kelsey and then sang Happy Birthday.
After cake we hung out and played games for a couple hours. So fun!
Kelsey and her aunt, cousin, sister & mom.
Esmé was in Christa's lap the ENTIRE day, which was helpful because I needed free hands to make the cake...
This was my 2nd attempt at fondant (remember Allen's Mario cake?).
I wanted this one to be very beautiful and graceful...just like Kelsey.
I took a few photos of the cake building process...
I'm not great at smoothing the fondant (there were LOTS of blemishes on it) but it turned out wonderful in the end.
Above all I wanted the cake to be tasty. I found a fabulous recipe here that I'll probably be using a lot in the future.
And thanks to my SIL Jenny for the fondant recipe. It was just as delicious as the butter cream icing!
Happy Birthday Kelsey! We love you!
















your blog is so cute, i totally know what you mean about families you love like your own! we have a few near and dear to us too!
ReplyDeleteI can honestly say that I can't imagine 'life' without your entire family!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a cliche' but I really DON'T WANT to remember such a time. It seems gloomy! Esme brightens my day with just her 'intense shake.' Brigham makes my heart melt with his emotion revealing eyes and Allen, with his amazing intellect and inquisitive mind, he makes me want to reignite my own passions for seeing the world with the eyes of a child.
Bradley is more like me then I realized... which is funny cause I never thought I would find another soul with the 'fantastic wit' or the sarcasm I think I have.
And you... words just don't seem to adequately describe how amazing you are and how incomplete our lives would be without you in it. In you, I have found my friend, confidant and I will go so far as to say MY SISTER... I know that my family is safe with you... physically, emotionally and spiritually.
You and your family are the puzzle piece that makes our ordinary family... extraordinary!
ALL OUR LOVE!!! The Baesler