Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Fun Saturday

Last weekend we had a busy Saturday planned.  Grandpa Mark asked Allen to ride in a firetruck with him during the Armed Forces parade in town.  I knew Allen would enjoy himself but I hadn't foreseen how much fun Esmé and Brig would have. 


Esmé loves to wave hello to people so this was a real treat for her.  She was tickled pink that so many people came by waving at her. :)






 When she wasn't waving at people she was waving her little American Flag.  


The kids were excited to see Marines but sad Uncle Casey didn't come by.  (He's still in Virginia.)





Look!  It's me.  I do emerge from behind the lens–on rare occasion.


 Father of the year right here.  :)

Esmé wasn't so sure about cotton candy on the first bite...


After a while we had to hide it from her.  She tried to eat the whole bag.  

 Here come Allen and Grandpa on the firetruck.



It was pretty hot and we were all starting to get sunburned so took off after seeing Allen & Grandpa.

 We met back at Grandpa's shop to collect Allen and take a couple photos.  
Thank you Grandpa!!!




Next we headed over to the fairgrounds where the kids' dentist put on a 'family fun day'.  There were indoor activities–jumping houses, face painting, obstacle courses–and pony rides outside.  

My hands were full during the inside activities so I only took a few photos of the pony rides. 



 I can't believe how big (and tall) my boy is getting.  I really notice it in photos.  

 When it came right down to it Brig would not get on the pony.  I know.  My tough guy.  He's so funny sometimes.  

 Luckily he has an indulgent father who simply walked along with the pony the entire time.  :)

 Grandma Bonnie was in the neighborhood and showed up just in time to help Esmé ride. 

 



All in all it was a fun Saturday.  It's nice to get out and do something fun with the kids.  


Usually our weekends are more boring than parades and pony rides.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I'm excited that it's finally time for all these summery kinds of events! :) I love the pic of Esme walking down the road with the flag. :)

    ReplyDelete