Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Utah

A couple weekends ago we made a super quick trip down to Utah for work.  While my sister, Wendy, and I worked, Bradley spent time with relatives and toured church history sites.  Our dear friend Kelsey came along as a prospective BYU student to tour the campus and to help out with the children–she's awesome like that. 

My Alma Mater!  
Oh BYU.  How I love thee.  Shall I count the ways?

Kelsey @ BYU @ night.

We happened to be in town during graduation where they light up the giant Y on 'Y mountain' at night.  

The first evening we got into town we stopped at a park to let everyone rest. 

Wendy & Kelsey did some Yoga in the park.  :)

As luck would have it some of our oldest friends happened to be not to far away and met us at the park.  This is the wonderful Del Valle family.  Danny & Kara were in our ward when Bradley and I first got married (and Bradley & Danny went to HS together).  

Alana, Allen, Brig, Dante.

Their daughter is named Alanna too so we always take the 'Alanna-squared' photo.

This is the early-morning view from half-way up Y mountain. 

 The Provo LDS Temple.


Salt Lake City Temple



 


This is the Christus statue at the visitor's center on Temple Square. 





This is from the roof of the LDS Conference Center overlooking Temple Square.  There are gardens and a waterfall on the roof.  It's a pretty amazing place to visit.


The rest of the photos are from our last stop on our journey home.  We were all starving and the kids were ready to jump out of their car seats.  We found a cute little drive-up diner that served old fashioned ice cream cones and stayed for a while.  I couldn't resist the photo-opp. 







She did this on her own.  :)















Ever the individual, Brig opted for a sucker in lieu of ice cream.

Much to my delight, Wendy and Kelsey bonded on this trip and became great friends.  



I cannot thank my dear sister enough.  Not only did she take time off of work to come on this trip, she worked for me WITHOUT pay.  I appreciate her sacrifice so much.  And I had a blast spending time with her.  
Thank you Wendy!!!

1 comment:

  1. oh BYU. how I love thee too.
    and I love your lil girl in pink cowboy boots. a lot.

    ReplyDelete