Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Birthday, birthday, and birthday

We have quite a few family birthdays in October, starting with my wonderful husband.  He turned 31 this year and requested a party.  So we partied! 

Friends, food and karaoke.  It was a blast.  


Several of our friends were great sports and sang for us.

You can't tell from this photo but Esmé used this stool as a dancing podium.  She danced the entire night shaking her little tutu!

 
 Christa's daughters hid in the kitchen when she started dancing.  :)  
I think she's awesome!

 So is my husband.  He can belt it.  :)

 My lovely friend, Barb.  She was fearless and made the party so much fun.  

 Esmé sang two words of 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and then hid in Daddy's lap.


 My brother's girlfriend, Jill, has a beautiful voice. 

 My poor Mom had to ice her ankle after wrangling my kids all evening.  She also took them out to dinner and helped me clean my house.  I appreciate my mom soooo much!  I know how lucky I am to have her.
 
 Our friend Matt.  He was awesome.  I wish he would have sang more. 

 I don't sing.  :)  I enjoyed the party from the couch snuggling a sleepy Brig.


 LOL.  I believe this song was Toxic by Brittany Spears.  :)

 Barb took some cute shots of prego me and the birthday boy. 



 After the party the boys had fun with soda and mentos.  :)

 Last week there were 3 other birthdays at Bradley's office so they requested a cake.  I made Aunt Linda's special chocolate cake for them.  It's always a hit.

 My kids love the 'misfit' cake I make with the scraps.  

My silly child.  He loves this photo. 


Aubrey's Birthday

 Our niece, Aubrey, turned 6 just a couple days after Bradley.  We celebrated her birthday the weekend before with family.

 We headed over to a park near their home and let the cousins play.  

 Big brother Elijah.



 This is all I can get from Allen these days. :)





 Esmé loved this park and getting to play with Aubrey.




 Esmé had Auntie Sheri wrapped around her little fingers helping her with everything in sight. 



 Grandma Karrie too.  :)


 The boys mostly played soccer.


 Uncle Christopher & Brigham Christopher


 This is one of my favorite pictures now. 

 Back at the house for presents and cake. 









 The cupcakes had cool Halloween rings.  My kids have been wearing them ever since.

 We sure missed the Place boys.  We usually line up all the cousins for a great shot.
(Check out Allen's cross-eyed look.)

 Esmé was SO done taking pictures by the end of the night.  

Happy Birthday Aubrey!

Grandma Bonnie's Birthday

My amazing mother had a birthday at the beginning of September.  We celebrated at her home with extended family. 

 Our homemade cards for her.  :)

 The girly cake I made for her.  It was a spice cake, mom's favorite.
(Note to self:  Do not ever attempt to make a layered cake with cream cheese icing.  It does not come together easily and has to be refrigerated right away, especially when it's 80 degrees outside.)

 My awesome little sister, Wendy.

 Her boyfriend, James.  
(Jame's birthday was within a few days so we sang to him as well.)

 Mom trying, unsuccessfully, to light her candle.
 
 Roger to the rescue!  Hmm...maybe it had something to do with the fan blowing right behind her.  :)


 Grandpa St. Yves

 Grandma Baker

 Jill is awesome and comes to all our family gatherings even when Casey is on duty.

James giving spice cake a try.

Happy birthday Mom!!!  We love and appreciate you very much.

That wraps up our October birthdays...till next weekend when we celebrate cousin Marcus' birthday. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! Happy birthday to Brad... wish we could have partied with you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete