Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Hunter Farms 2012

 

Last weekend we took our annual trip to the pumpkin patch.  I really love this tradition.  Not only because it's super fun, my children love it, and it's a great photo opp...but it's one of the only real traditions we've stuck with.  

I'd like to be the family that has rich, wonderful traditions that we do throughout the year but it never seems happens that way.  I make a 4th of July cake every July and we go to the pumpkin patch with my Dad and Step-mom every October.  That's about it. 

Maybe this January my New Year's Resolution will be to establish one awesome tradition for each season.  We'll see...

This year our trip to Hunter Farms was dampened a bit by the weather.  It poured the entire time we were there.  The. Entire. Time.  

Luckily part of the attractions are in a great big barn.  We spent most of our time in there.  It was also a challenging photography experience.  The lighting in the barn was VERY dim and my children move very fast.  All in all, it was still super fun.


Esmé loved these baby goats.  I missed the shot right before this photo where the goat bit her skirt.  She backed away and yelled a little.  :)

I have to admit that I had a really fun time putting together her little Fall ensemble.  Girls are so fun to dress!  I'm excited to have another girl so I can match them.  :) 


 






 This is my favorite shot because of Esmé's cheeeeeese.  


 We tried to set up a shot with Grandma & Grandpa but the kids were done. 

 Grandma took pity on sad little Esmé.  I also LOVE both Allen and Brig's expressions here.

 We offered the kids hot chocolate but they all chose ice cream as their special treat.  (Check out Brig's wet pants and jacket...he was soaked down to his underwear).


 Cotton candy ice cream!





Even with the soggy weather it was still a fun trip to the pumpkin patch.  Thanks Grandma & Grandpa for keeping this tradition alive.  

Here are a couple photos from past trips to the patch:
2011

2010

2 comments:

  1. your family really is darling, i love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun, despite the rain! I love that they wanted ice cream. :) We still need to make it to the pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete