It was nice to be able to stay in our pajamas all day and take several much needed naps (Neva had her days and nights mixed up for a while).
Before we took down the Christmas tree I snapped these photos of the kids in their outfits Grandma Bonnie made for them. She knitted matching vests and dresses for the boys and girls.
I thought it was difficult to get three children to look at the camera. Heaven help me with four.
Christmas morning we had our own little family time opening gifts and then my Mom came over with my Grandmother, Mary, and her new husband, Don. Unfortunately I don't have any photos from the morning. My camera was malfunctioning again and I was very frustrated about it (and a little sleep deprived and overwhelmed).
By the afternoon I remembered that my phone has a camera in it so we took a few pictures then. After my Mom and Grandparents left my sister and her boyfriend, James, and my Dad and Eileen came over for Christmas dinner.
I should clarify, they came and BROUGHT Christmas dinner. My Dad and Eileen totally outdid themselves with this holiday meal. Everything was made from scratch and completely phenomenal. I got to sit around while they cooked and served in my home. It was such a treat. I had been a little worried that this holiday would feel lackluster because we'd just brought baby home and everyone was tired and emotional. Their coming, and the fabulous meal, made the day as magical as any other Christmas. Thank you Dad & Mom!
Here are the few photos from my phone:
Esmé adores my little sister, Wendy. When she had to leave in the evening Esmé pulled her back to the couch commanding, "You no go Auntie! You sit down!"
Our little Christmas gift. :)
My girls and I.
Wow. I have GIRLS (plural)!
That is taking some getting used to.
A few others from my phone:
Neva at her first doctors visit one week after birth.
She was a champ and almost back to her birth weight.
She was a champ and almost back to her birth weight.
We took her into Bella Bella and held her up to Esmé's newborn photo. It's so fun to see their similarities and differences.
Watching a movie with brothers (who constantly fight over who gets to hold her next).
Hanging out with Uncle Casey during the break.
Manly chores with Daddy outside.
Every year my Aunt Lisa sends us, and each one of my sibling's and cousin's families, a gingerbread house kit. We all take pictures putting them together and post them to the same Facebook group my Aunt creates for the occasion. It's really a great tradition. I love seeing the photos my relatives take and interacting with them by commenting on each other's photos. Thank you Aunt Lisa!
Can you tell they're excited?
Getting them to not eat the entire thing is quite a challenge. I'm positive that Esmé ate more candy than she put on the house.
All four with the finished product.
Allen is big enough to walk around with Neva. I'm so grateful for that. He is a huge help to me.
Brigham adores her and probably holds her the most.
Esmé treats Neva like her very own live doll. Several times a day she comes up to me giggling and says, "That's a cute baby." :)
Neva had Daddy wrapped around her little finger from day one. He is absolutely smitten.
Grandma Karrie stopped by a few days after Christmas to snuggle with Neva and drop off some gifts for the Children.
Uncle Casey spent much of his leave with us. He pretends to not like babies but I'm pretty sure he loves Neva. :)
A few more photos from Neva's first week of life...
(I took hundreds!)
New Years Eve we let the children stay up a little later than usual and drink plenty of Martinelli's.








































No comments:
Post a Comment