Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

14 days and counting

In exactly two weeks I fly to Seattle with my boys. That event will officially signify the end of our Missouri era.

"How's the packing going?" you might ask (as thousands--ok, hundreds--alright maybe only like 10 people, but it seems like a lot--have asked). It's not. I think I might be in denial about leaving. Although I am uber excited to move closer to family and friends, this is home. I adore this delightful little single-wide and love our neighbors and church-family. This is the only place we've ever lived with our boys. I know, I know...and I'm continually reminding myself that "home" has nothing to do with walls and windows. Wherever I'm with my husband and boys, I am home.

So why all this stress? Is is simply that life-changes, even good ones, are taxing?
Maybe I have anxiety about living near our families after 6 years away. It won't take long for them to see that our blog is not a clear representation of our family. I just read another post that said blogs are like our lives photoshoped. I agree. Yet, for better or worse, I think thats the way it should be--at least for my blog...

The purpose of our residence in the blogoshpere has been to keep our family involved in the lives of our boys, rather than it being an outlet for my nitty-gritty tales of domesticity. However, our families have seen the smiles for 3 years. Do they know how often the boys have meltdowns, how Brad and I argue like siblings sometimes, how occasionally we stay in pj's all day long? They will soon I guess. Just a few nights ago I was making dinner with Brigham screaming on my hip. Brad had been gone for 12 hours at school and as I went for an ingredient I tripped over Allen as he was peeing his pants on the kitchen floor. I hadn't showered yet, we were all cranky, and dinner wasn't that great. Then I thought, "are our families ready for this?"

Well, ready or not, here we come!

I need to go pack.

Actually, I'm going to watch American Idol.

Tomorrow's a good day for packing.

Or maybe Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. I SO feel you on every level of this post! LOL

    Level 1: I hate packing! My inlaws coming to help was a lifesaver! We were throwing so many things into boxes last minute!

    Level 2: Enjoy your remaining days! We miss Chesterfield so much... especially the fabulous ward!

    Level 3: My blog is all smiles and backyard fun and popsicles and afternoon walks. No one will EVER know what life is really like at our house! ;) That's the way it is with everyone, though. Blog or no blog.

    Good luck! It's such an exciting time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. Can't believe it's two weeks til you leave. Don't worry I am in denial too. It's strange being left behind by so many awesome peeps...sadness. Yup, denial is definitely the best way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh...and the most amazing thing about family, is the unconditional love they have for you and your cute kiddos. jammies or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife is trying to relate to everyone by telling these lies. Our family really is perfect, photshoped, etc. We just didn't want others to feel like they're bad people. Ok, that was not entirely true, the only perfect one here is my sweetheart, who without her, I'd be lost in every sense of the word. She is my best friend and I'm at home anywhere, as long is she is by my side guiding me step by step. I love you Sweety! :)

    ReplyDelete