Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Roomate Reunion

In the Fall of 2001 I started as a freshman at BYU.  It was an incredible year and that had a lot to do with my roommates.  The six of us were randomly paired in an apartment style dorm, Kimball 204.  We were from all over the country and each of us very different from one another.  Right away the six of us clicked and became life long friends.   


I didn't realize then how unique it was to become friends with ALL of your roommates.  We ate dinner together, had prayer as an apartment, went on group dates, and made so many fabulous memories. 


Our group stayed together throughout college until missions, study abroad, and marriage separated us. 


Here are some flashbacks from 2001/2002:


 


Four of the five ladies made it up to my wedding in 2003.

A few weeks ago we had our 10 year reunion in Las Vegas.  

It. Was. A. Blast!

We spent the entire four days eating delicious food, talking non-stop and laying by the pool.  Ahh bliss!

I feel incredibly lucky to be numbered among these intelligent, successful women.  All six of us finished our bachelor's degrees at BYU, a couple have higher degrees, two served missions abroad, three studied abroad in Europe, 5 of the six are married, and there are 12 children between us. 

Sure we've all matured and changed a bit over the last decade.  But there was that same wonderful friendship that began 10 years ago at Kimball Hall.  I love each one of these ladies. 






 
 












The trip really went off without a hitch.  I had some pregnancy sickness but was still able to enjoy myself overall. 

And while it's nice to have a little break, I missed my family.  They were very happy to have me home...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you- thank you, I'm glad somebody blogged about this awesome get together! :)

    ReplyDelete