We are expecting a baby for Christmas this year!
Here is the first glimpse of our new addition.
He/She measured 11weeks at this visit which puts our due date exactly on December 25th.
He/She measured 11weeks at this visit which puts our due date exactly on December 25th.
This is how I told my Mom I was expecting. I gave her this necklace for Mother's Day.
Her reaction was priceless. She screamed and jumped up and down and then started crying.
I really wish I'd gotten our children's reactions on camera. We didn't tell them for a while and one day (around 9 weeks) Brig looked at me and said, "Mommy your tummy is fay-at!"
We had a good laugh and then asked them why they thought my tummy was getting fat. Brig guessed because I had eaten too much food and Allen guessed there was a baby inside.
When we told them there was a baby they squealed, "Really?!" several times before they believed us.
They were SO EXCITED!
For the next couple days they kept verifying, "You're not joking right Mommy? There really is a baby in your tummy?"
They go back and forth between wanting a boy or girl but they say girl more often.
We will, of course, be happy with either gender but right now Bradley and I really want a girl. We've enjoyed the bond that our boys have being so close in age and hope that Esmé will have a sister to share that with too.
...
So far this pregnancy has been as rough as the others. I usually have nausea/vomiting till around 16-20 weeks and then it switches to migraines for a couple months. In a strange twist, I am experiencing both migraines and nausea at the same time. Hopefully it will all get out of my system in the first trimester then eh? One can hope.
Our ward family has been amazing. We've had several meals made and delivered to our home. Friends have come to take the children for a morning or afternoon so I can rest. They have been a huge blessing.
The star of the show would have to be Bradley though. Maybe the fourth time is a charm but he really seems to have the 'Super-Dad' gig down. He's been pulling double duty for 2 months now and I can't describe how much I appreciate him for it.


Congratulations. Your comment about your mom also made me cry. We will be excited to watch this adventure :) Yeah- for super dad!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats again! Super excited for you guys!! I hope you're able to get feeling better soon so that we can go take pics in the city! ;)
ReplyDelete