I took a few photos before they left and Bradley captured the rest on his iphone.
I love how high Esmé has to look to see Daddy's face. :)
Bradley is silly, Esmé is "freezing cold!" and Casey is amused.
They parked the truck and hiked 2 miles in the snow to the trail head.
They hiked 6 miles, up hill, in the snow.
Here is where they set up their little tent in the man cave shelter.
The next day they woke, hiked back to the truck and came home.
All in all they had a fabulous, yet exhausting, trip.
The next post will be about what I did with 4 children on my own for the weekend.
{Hint: It involved Grandma Bonnie.}











Thank you Love for posting our trip. We had a blast, we were exhausted and I wanted to turn back about half a dozen times. We felt very accomplished after having made it. Now I know a bit more about why our parents always referred to difficult times as walking in the snow up hill, both ways. It's ridiculously hard...add a 50lb pack to your back and it's insane. Casey, when are we going again? :)
ReplyDelete