It's that time again. You know, when I take my perfectly healthy children to the doctors office for a "well-baby check." Maybe it's just me...but there has to be a smarter way to make sure they're healthy than taking them to the same place where all the sick children go. At least two different waiting rooms? Is this a crazy idea I'm having here?
The room where we waited was so packed there weren't any chairs left- and most of those were occupied by visibly sick children (one looked like he was going to throw up just a few chairs away!). Don't get me wrong, those kids were exactly where they should have been. It just seemed weird taking my kids there in the name of health. As we left I felt like saying, "See you next week"...you know, now that my kids are exposed to all these illnesses.
Nonetheless, they were examined, weighed, measured, and pronounced healthy. And for that I am exceptionally grateful. In fact, I'm feeling a little guilty for complaining at all. I know there are parents out there going through nightmares- I can't even imagine- with their ill children.
So, I'll repent, and we can move on to the boys' stats:
Allen
2 & 1/2 years old
33 lbs 7 oz (84th percentile)
39 inches (96%) -yes, he is very tall!
Brigham
5 months
16 lbs 15 oz (59%)
26 inches (55%)
Both boys: adorable in diapers!
The room where we waited was so packed there weren't any chairs left- and most of those were occupied by visibly sick children (one looked like he was going to throw up just a few chairs away!). Don't get me wrong, those kids were exactly where they should have been. It just seemed weird taking my kids there in the name of health. As we left I felt like saying, "See you next week"...you know, now that my kids are exposed to all these illnesses.
Nonetheless, they were examined, weighed, measured, and pronounced healthy. And for that I am exceptionally grateful. In fact, I'm feeling a little guilty for complaining at all. I know there are parents out there going through nightmares- I can't even imagine- with their ill children.
So, I'll repent, and we can move on to the boys' stats:
Allen
2 & 1/2 years old
33 lbs 7 oz (84th percentile)
39 inches (96%) -yes, he is very tall!
Brigham
5 months
16 lbs 15 oz (59%)
26 inches (55%)
Both boys: adorable in diapers!


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe two waiting rooms is not a crazy idea. We had a pediatrician once who did it and I loved it. The rooms were completely separated too not just on different sides of the waiting room. It was wonderful. You knew that the toys were all clean and there was no worry.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean...I just try to stay in a corner away from everyone!! But I'm so glad the boys are growing and healthy!!
ReplyDeleteThey are getting soooo big. It is amazing how much Allen "takes care of" Brigham. So cute so see them together.
ReplyDelete2 waiting rooms is a wonderful idea! we had a dr. with that concept--the best thing ever! the sick area was down in the basement! thats where the sickies (which are apprently my children every cold snap there is in mo!) should be! congrats on healthy boys and on twilight being so close!
ReplyDeleteOhh, Fuzzy Wuzzy I just want to pinch and kiss those little cheeks!! Look at the intelligence in Allen's eyes and ohh he is a little charmer!!
ReplyDeleteour doctor's office is pretty ghetto, but we go because i like the pediatrician and his nurse a lot. the office's one redeeming quality is the two waiting rooms. the one for healthy kids is completely around the corner in the building from the room for sick kids. i love it! thankfully, we've only had to venture to the sick room once.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree! Usually we ARE there the next week with sick kids! I have brought this up with the Dr! It is frustrating! Maybe I'll suggest the 2 waiting rooms. I love the pics of the boys in diapers! Those are my favorite kind!
ReplyDelete