
Last week I went downtown with my friend, Heather, and saw The 5 Browns in concert. It was, um...how shall I put this? Incredible, breathtaking...indescribable! Seriously, if you get the chance, go see them!
The 5 Browns are piano-playing siblings that all went to Juilliard--at the same time. They've been on Oprah, 60-minutes, in People magazine, and currently travel all over the world making classical music cool again. Again? Wait. Was it ever? I think so. Well, it's better-than-cool when they all play at the same time!
It was also fun because Heather went to school with Gregory Brown (4th from the left) and he gave us the tickets free! So cool. Thanks Heather, I'm glad I went with you!
www.the5browns.com
ok alanna, you are like an answered prayer!!! i want to get this cd for my mom for her birthday and need to order it this weekend, but i couldn't remember the name. hallelujah, you're a life saver!!!
ReplyDeletei always wondered if growing up, they had multiple pianos in their home. i was pretty serious with a piano playing guy while brando was oh the mish (remember ryan?) and he practiced like 9 hours a day. insane.
That was an amazing concert. :) I'm glad you could come!! :) (This is Heather)
ReplyDeleteThat is really amazing! I love that kind of music. What a great experience...so I actually really jealouse.
ReplyDeletehey--im late posting on this subject--but theyre pretty cool huh! i knew them growing up. my mom was friends with their's and somehow we lived by them or something..i dont know...but all my life i heard stories of them and how my mom wanted us to be like them and all play piano. well we all played, but not to their extent! i think its awesome theyve become famous---they deserve it with their, and their parents, hard work! glad you got to see them!
ReplyDelete