Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

summer plans

It's about time to send out an update on our future plans. They have been set for quite a while, but you know what happens when you announce them? They change. So I've been hesitant to publish anything. It's time though. We've already sold our home and we are set to leave Missouri in 5 weeks. I want to give a heads up to our family and friends in Utah and Washington to let them know when we'll be in town. So, here's the plan:

Bradley will leave Missouri with his brother on May 18 to drive our van to Washinton. They are going to take their time and camp along the way. I will leave the following day and fly with the boys to Seattle. We've sold most of our furnishings, but the things we are taking we'll ship using ABF (we're new fans over U-haul).
We will stay with Brad's Mom in Enumclaw, WA until the end of June, during which time Bradley will be doing an internship at Henschell Chiropractic in Bonney Lake. Then we will drive down,
the first week of July, to Orem, Utah to begin a second internship at Hansen Chiropractic . We will stay at Brad's awesome-Aunt-Debbie's house in Orem until the second week of August. Then we will drive back to WA, fly out to Missouri for graduation (August 19-22), and then the new Dr. Franklin and his Father will drive his truck back to WA in time to start his job as an associate doctor at Henschell Chiropractic the first week in September. Phew! Did you catch all that? I left out a lot of little details, but that's the gist of our summer plans.

How do we feel about moving? We have mixed feelings. We're VERY excited to live close to our families again. Both our extended families live in the Northwest a short driving distance from where we're settling. We will get to see our parents and siblings often and the boys will have cousins to play with.
Bradley is beyond excited to be finishing school and actually beginning his career. He is passionate about Chiropractic and how much it can help people.
I am sad to leave Missouri. This has been our home for almost 4 years. I've loved our little house (we brought both our babies home here) and have made lifelong friends that I'll miss dearly. It is definitely bittersweet.

So, to our friends in Missouri: Yep, we're leaving in 5 weeks. Let's get together while we still can!
To our friends in Washington & Utah: Yay! Hear we come! Let's get together and play!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I can't believe it's so close for you guys!!! We're excited to see you! (We're still on for pics, right?) Sounds like you guys have found yourselves a good situation. At least you'll be getting a paycheck as soon as he graduates! LOL We have been gone for almost 5 months and we are getting our very first one on the 20th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so what about your friends that lived in Missouri, then had to leave and now are on the East Coast...when are you visiting them? Just kidding. I am excited for you and I wish I could see you all again before you leave. But good luck and please keep in touch! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see you again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo! Can't wait to play! We'll see you this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that's a lot of change!!!! yay for everything though- aren't most changes bittersweet?! at least for those of us sentimental ones I guess. good for brad though, I know Chiropractic is amazing, we're frequent patients! It does wonders and he'll help so many people! Good for you guys!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete