Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"Come fly with me..."

Bradley's friend, Doug from Belfair, took us flying on Tuesday! It was a gorgeous day and SOOO much fun! Thanks Doug!

Allen, Bradley, Doug.

Doug's plane.
Would you believe it's 50 years old? It is! I was shocked. It was so nice inside and flew solidly (I'm not sure what other word to use...but it felt very safe).


Brad has talked about being a pilot forever! This was a dream come true for him. Now he's wishing for his own license. (A few more years please honey).

The Pacific Northwest is gorgeous! We had such a sunny day to fly around sight seeing.

Over the Olympic Peninsula.

I was surprised how close to the ground we were able to fly. It was awesome to look down and clearly see houses, cars, and people!

Allen was glued to the window most of the time. He LOVED flying and wanted to go back up at each stop we made. We started in Belfair, flew to Tacoma to pick up a few things, then to Puyallup for lunch, and back to Belfair!

Allen tried on this cute little jacket in Tacoma.

The Tacoma Narrows Bridge with Mt. Rainier in the background. Sooo Northwest, so beautiful!



Brad even got to fly!

He did rather well too! (I only got a little nauseous. Haha.)


Allen fell asleep on my lap toward the end--exhausted from all the excitement.

The runway in Belfair.

Allen, post-flight.
His expression pretty much sums up our whole experience.
Thanks Doug, for such a wonderful day!

And thank you Auntie Jenny for watching Brigham!--and for being his godmother perchance we'd crashed.

4 comments:

  1. oh I miss the pacific northwest so much. I will be there for a visit in about a week and a half and I can't wait! I can't wait to be surrounded by huge trees and lots of green. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet photos! What a neat experience! I bet you were thinking of Nienie while flying... I know I would have been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How cool! Look at those amazing views!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool guys...I didn't know Brad wants to get his pilots license. Me too. Great pictures, and what great weather. See ya soon.

    ReplyDelete