Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Nursery

Allen just LOVES his nursery class at church! Today he checked with me 87 times during sacrament meeting to see if it was time to go there yet.

I have served in a nursery calling at church before and regrettably I treated the calling as over-glorified babysitting. Fortunately, Allen's teachers do not.

Here is what he brought home from class today.

It's a little basket with a mini-loaf of bread and some fish!

Adorable.

Allen met me in the hall at church, proudly clutching his basket, and exclaimed, "Mommy, Jesus broke the bread and fed the people!"

At home he broke the bread and fed his brother.

Thank you, dear nursery leaders, for magnifying your callings and teaching the gospel so poignantly to my little man. Your object lesson was brilliant and your efforts very appreciated.

Here is our lovely Seattle Temple (and our mini-van).

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute! What a great teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a nursery teacher- what a cute idea- I'll have to try that- what kind of fish was it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was 2 swedish fish and a handful of fishy-crackers! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. for all the mini loaves (so stinkin' cute) and fishies, i still don't think my kid would go to nursery. :( glad yours will.

    love you al!

    ReplyDelete