Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

4th of July & more

On the 3rd of July my Mom came over to see my brother for the first time in 6 months.  He is a Marine and has been training in San Diego and Virginia.  Luckily we'll get to see a lot more of him the next 2 years.  He is stationed just 10 minutes down the road.  Yay!





This year for the 4th of July we had a small barbeque with my mom, step-dad, brother, and grandparents.  

Have you noticed a trend lately?  Low-key.  We're doing everything small and laid back.  It's a good thing too.  I was really sick on the 4th.  I didn't even take that many picture.  :(

I did make my annual 4th of July cake.  This year, instead of going with the traditional flag cake, I made this cute little round cake.  Bradley teased me all day that it was a 'Texas cake'.  

We also sang to my step-dad, Roger, as his birthday was a few days later. 

Esmé spent almost the entire day naked.  It's her new thing.  She hates clothing.  

Uncle Casey.




The rest of the photos are from the weekend.  It's finally Summer in Washington.  My kids (and husband) are really enjoying the sunshine.  

 Even though it's Sunny outside we still attach the hose to our utility sink so our little princess has warm water to play in on her splash pad.  :)

 The boys have so much fun in the big green pool.







 Esmé prefers her little blue pool with warm water.  :)




 

 This is the fun game where they race around the house and see who can jump in the pool first.  It exhausted them.  :)

 Notice the tent.  The boys all slept outside this weekend.

 

Later on in the day they cleaned some crab for dinner.  Bradley and the boys went out to the Hood Canal with a friend very early in the morning to catch these five dungeness.   




 Brig was a little more hesitant than usual.  A few days before he was too close to the pincher of a big crab that got his finger very good.  It was a lesson for him.  :)


 He spent a lot of time with me laying in the shade.  He's a perfect little model for me to practice different settings on my new camera. 


 


 Dinner (for the men).  I opened the doors and windows and endured the smell.  It's a stinky meal.  :(

 Allen loves to clean crab with his Daddy.  He's very good at it too.  



 
That's it for the weekend.  

A little pregnancy update:  
I'm 15 weeks along now.  We have an ultrasound scheduled for August 2nd where we'll (hopefully) find out the gender of our little one.  Things have been rough going with the migraines and vomiting lately.  Last weekend I spent a few hours in the ER getting fluids and stronger medication for an unusually horrible migraine.  We're hoping this phase of the pregnancy is almost over.  I'm still losing weight every time I go to the OB.  I'm ready for a big belly and my appetite back.  Here's to a healthy baby!  :)



 Lastly, Brig fell asleep at the table the other night.  
Each of our children have done this.  We think it's adorable every time. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm laughing at Esme's nakedness. :) P did the same thing for awhile. And she still will take everything off if we leave her alone for too long. But I think I've finally convinced her clothes are a good thing--and that girl's go potty sitting down. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the boys are wearing life jackets in knee-deep water. lol Looks like you guys had a fun week!

    ReplyDelete