Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy Dilemma

Since the arrival of Brigham, Allen's 'cuddle with Mommy' time has severely decreased. It may have something to do with his age as well, he is nearing ripe old 3 pretty soon. He might not be as cool in nursery if all his little friends know how much he enjoys snuggling in and sniffing Mommy's clothes (it's adorable).
Anyway, with Brigham's favorite game being "put me down and I'll scream till my face turns red", Allen has taken a bit of a back seat. So, unsurprisingly, he's started requesting my cuddling presence during his favorite time of the day, TV time. Now the dilemma.
I let Allen watch a little PBS everyday, or one of his movies. Usually it happens when Brigham is down for a nap. Hence, I get to do whatever I want! You know, exciting things like take a shower, dishes, meal prep, blog, etc. But lately these activities have been thwarted by one irresistible little request: "Mommee wanna sit by meeee?" Accompanied by big blue eyes and a sweet little hand patting the couch next to him, of course. Even if I can deny him, he keeps up a constant stream of sweet requests until I acquiesce. At which point he wraps his arms around me, snuggles his head into my chest, and proceeds to enjoy the show.
Ahh, pure motherly bliss. Except I'm not getting anything done! Nothing.
Now I realize that in a few short years I'll be the one begging Allen to come sit by me. So should I just stop complaining, enjoy it, and get to the dishes in a few years? I'm okay with that. Maybe I'll make a run to Sams Club and buy all paper and plastic. I know, impractical. And theres still the issue of showering. Don't want to turn the husband off.
Hmm...what to do? More to come, gotta go snuggle with the boy.

2 comments:

  1. I have this dilemma, too. Evan usually watches a movie while Asher naps and that's when I get EVERYTHING done. Lately, Evan has been begging me to do "school" where we sit together and have fun learning letters and numbers and practice writing. The only real time we can do that is while Asher is asleep. So, do I get stuff done? Or prepare my child for his future school education? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait until you guys have 3!! It is 3x as bad!!! :)

    ReplyDelete