Yesterday was utterly disappointing.
We are in the process of selling our mobile home- very early in the process. I just listed it on craigslist 2 weeks ago. However, within 24 hours we had a few hits, one of which was very promising. A nice lady emailed back and forth with us several times and she was interested in purchasing our home furnished. She LOVED the pictures of our place and thought everything about it was just perfect- location/size/price. She is getting a disability settlement just larger than what we are asking and so she wanted to secure the purchase as soon as possible. Well, we invited her to come walk through our home and make sure it was the right place for her. The date was set for Saturday at 1pm. So, naturally, I cleaned like a crazy person for 2 days straight. Not just clean, I mean really really clean! Like, you could have licked your dinner off my kitchen floor or taken high-resolution pictures of my bathrooms. I had this place inspection-ready!
It was a little more trouble than the whole thing should have been because we are all sick. Saturday morning I woke up feeling like my throat had swollen shut and I couldn't stop coughing. Judging by their behavior, my children felt the same way. Brad had to work at the school and there was still much to be done. So, instead of climbing back into bed to suck on cough-drops and feel sorry for myself, I put on gloves and went to work. I checked my email half way through the morning- heaven forbid she write to cancel on us. Nothing. So I continued on with my cleaning frenzy and Brad joined me at noon. The furniture was rearranged in the most flattering way, every shelf in the house was organized, and no dust-particle was left untouched. By 12:59pm we could have welcomed foreign dignitaries into our immaculate home (OK, I'm exaggerating, but you get the point). Sweaty and waiting, 1pm came and went. 1:30pm came and went. I started to get extraordinarily tired. I remember mumbling something about "wake me up when she comes," before I crashed on our bed (above the covers, and ready to jump up and smooth them upon her arrival).
But she didn't arrive. Brad came in a few minutes later to tell me she had email (apparently right after I checked) and she wasn't coming. Her settlement ended up being $7,000 less than she expected and while she still wants our home, it is now out of her price range.
Ugh! Disappointment! By then the cough medicine had worn off and the morning's overexertion caught up with me. I ripped back the covers and I crashed. My sweet husband let me sleep for hours.
Now a day later, with some perspective, I cannot lament such a clean home. I think everything just seems worse when you don't feel good.
And, we've still been getting hits on our add so the next time we need to clean up for a showing it won't be that big of a deal.
Heavenly Father helped us get into this home under miraculous circumstances and we've LOVED living here. I know that he has someone else lined up to enjoy this home as much as we have.
This sounds like a no good very bad day....so sorry to hear that but I am sure you will sell your trailor and all your cleaning will not be in vein. Let me know if I can do anything, k?
ReplyDeleteAwww.... sorry you're sick. :( (We're sick here, too. Blah!) Totally stinks that you did all that cleaning and she didn't show, BUT now you have a wonderfully clean house! And like you said, it won't be as hard next time. Good luck selling the trailer!
ReplyDeleteThat stinks! I hope you feel better real soon and I'm sure everything will work out with selling your home!
ReplyDeleteYou poor thing!!! It is no fun to be sick... we got the nasty cold here and it's been pretty awful for me. I hate doing things when I'm sick... I hope you start feeling better soon! I am WAY proud of you though, for cleaning your place while sick... you are amazing! I'd love to see pictures of this immaculately clean home that you worked so hard on! :)
ReplyDelete