Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

one day late

Well, Happy Valentines Day! I hope yesterday was romantic and/or fun for you. There are many of my friends who experienced the holiday as National Single Awareness Day--sad. I hope those of you who did endured it well.
I've never been a huge fan of the holiday myself. The years of Valentines past left much to be desired in my life. In grade school and high school it all seemed like a big competition to see who received the best flowers/cards/balloons. In the short-dating-era prior to marriage, my relationships always ended just before (or on, in one case) Valentines Day. It may have been bad luck, but I never actually had someone 'be my Valentine' till after I was married (even then it took Brad a few years for his offerings to be sincere).
That being the case, neither Brad or I are big on the traditions of Valentines Day and I am totally okay with that. We usually write each other love letters and try to go on a date, but it's pretty low-key. I like it that way. He brings me flowers throughout the year and spoils me in so many different ways. It's like how people say they want to keep the 'Christmas spirit' all year long...well, I'd like to keep the Valentines spirit in our marriage all year long. There is something to be said for a husband who still opens doors, takes me dancing, plans dates, and all that jazz. Thank you, my love...and keep it up!


Now that you have my take on Valentines Day (I didn't actually plan on writing that little segment above), I'll show you what we did this year.

Our stake at church (a conglomerate of many congregations), held a winter ball that we attended. It was soooo much fun! It was semi-formal, so we got to dress up a little. Tons of our friends were there and it was just a total blast! I wish we could do that more often. The single's program in our church has dances all the time...this is the first one that Brad and I have attended for married couples! So, needless to say, they are few are far between.


And now, Happy Valentines Day to everyone, our parents especially!
Here is a little Valentine to you in the form of videos (that took me forever to upload!). Woohoo! Enjoy! We love you!










2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I am SO jealous of that winter ball! I LOVE dancing! I wish we had done something like that BEFORE I moved away!! LOL You guys all look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fun spread of pics from the Winter Ball! I'm glad you got to spend a night out with Brad:) um what's the status on Aud's wedding - I need to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete