Here are some things I would like to tell you about--lets just pretend you asked.
#1. The movie Fire Proof.
What to say? This was definitely a low-budget film with cheesy acting. However--and this is a big however--seeing it was really great for our marriage. After the movie we had some awesome conversation over hot chocolate and it was one of our best dates. So, the next time your in the mood for a good Christian-flick, check it out. You just might add a little spice to your marriage.#2. Parents Choice diapers.
Random, I know--and this is only if you have kids. But here's the thing...I went a whole 2+ years buying the expensive diapers because all of the generic brands I tried were awful and the savings weren't worth the leaks. Then my friend, Li, gave me the rest of her size 3 Parent's Choice (Walmart brand) when she moved out of town. They worked shockingly well and I was converted instantly. Now I feel giddy every time I put a large box of diapers in my shopping cart for only $13! Domestic bliss.#3. Real Salt. (As apposed to fake salt?...Yeah, that's what I thought too.)
So my friend, Heather, and I were baking together--a common occurrence--when she asked for my salt. She flashed a disapproving look when I handed her the traditional cylindrical container and commented, "We need to get you some Real Salt." Not understanding that "Real Salt" is a brand, I felt a little defensive for my salt wondering, "does she think this is pretend salt?" The next time our friends came over they brought us some Real Salt. Though I can't describe how it's different than classic salt, it is, and it's wonderful. If you get the chance, try it.#4. The Relief Society.

I belong to the largest womens organization on the planet! I love being a member because of the fellowship and encouragement I receive every week. Being a mother and homemaker is hard work but R.S. helps me keep it all in perspective.
Watch the following clip for inspiration and enlightenment:
#5. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

I'm not a big television watcher, but I LOVE this show. Almost every single episode makes me cry. The show takes a deserving family and sends them on vacation for 7 days while they build them a new home. Not just a house, it's usually close to a mansion! And the families are sooo incredible. I love, love, love it!
These are staples in our home. The funny thing is that Allen thinks that Z-bars are candy. We use them as a treat for going poo in the toilet. Unbeknownst to his sweet little mind, they are very healthy! It's a win-win. And Luna's are simply delicious! My favorites are the white-chocolate-macadamia-nut and chocolate raspberry bars. Yum!
I think that's enough for specific recommendations. (translation: I'm tired of blogging and I've gotten the urge to endorse out of my system.) But before I close, some honorable mentions--that didn't get mentioned: Trader Joe's (especially their chocolate-covered-chocolate cookies), Stephenie Meyer books (The Host was awesome), Once Upon a Child (my favorite children's thrift store), the YMCA (because I'm thoroughly enjoying my new Tai Chi class), and...that's it.

I'm not a big television watcher, but I LOVE this show. Almost every single episode makes me cry. The show takes a deserving family and sends them on vacation for 7 days while they build them a new home. Not just a house, it's usually close to a mansion! And the families are sooo incredible. I love, love, love it!#6. Luna & Z-bars.
These are staples in our home. The funny thing is that Allen thinks that Z-bars are candy. We use them as a treat for going poo in the toilet. Unbeknownst to his sweet little mind, they are very healthy! It's a win-win. And Luna's are simply delicious! My favorites are the white-chocolate-macadamia-nut and chocolate raspberry bars. Yum!I think that's enough for specific recommendations. (translation: I'm tired of blogging and I've gotten the urge to endorse out of my system.) But before I close, some honorable mentions--that didn't get mentioned: Trader Joe's (especially their chocolate-covered-chocolate cookies), Stephenie Meyer books (The Host was awesome), Once Upon a Child (my favorite children's thrift store), the YMCA (because I'm thoroughly enjoying my new Tai Chi class), and...that's it.
Glad those diapers are working out for you. I'm slowly trying to convert Meggan. :) And I really want to see that movie. It's on my Netflix list, but there's a long wait for it.
ReplyDeleteI loved Fireproof! It's so pertinent to anybody, no matter what the state of their marriage. I have used Parent's Choice since we moved to Idaho. Haha! Glad you discovered them. Also I'm going to R.S. Anniversary tonight. I'll update my blog soon. Now that we finally have internet up and my camera is found. Unpacking takes so long :)
ReplyDelete