We had no idea what to expect–we simply knew it was at a local church and a few other teachers' students would be performing as well. It ended up being a large gathering with a big stage and a grand piano–and Allen was the first up. I was nervous for him but he handled it all wonderfully.
I switched to my big camera after taking the video clip but I would have kept recording if I'd known Allen was going to bow. His teacher taught him that and it was adorable.
Brig & Esmé fighting over who got to take a picture by the big tree. :)
After Allen's short performance we stayed for the entire 70 minute program. I brought refreshments for the after party on a cake platter so we couldn't slip out early (note to self: next time bring it on a paper plate). We were tempted to leave because of unruly children but as it turns out our keys were locked in our van. In the end we were there a total of FIVE hours, half of which was spent waiting for a tow truck. It was a very trying day–to say the least.
Allen's performance was wonderful though and I'm happy we brought the whole family to support him. It looks like there will be a lot of gymnasiums, sports fields and recital halls in our near future–and I can't wait! I love these children.








NICE JOB Allen!! Grandpa is very proud of you. Keep on practicing and playing. You will NEVER regret it. Love you,
ReplyDeleteGrandpa Mark
Thank you, Grandpa!
DeleteAllen read your comment and beamed with pride. That meant a lot to him. :)