Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Thanksgiving

We woke up early on Thanksgiving so we could go down to the HS field and play/watch flag football with our ward.  I made us a green smoothie to take along and then this happened:

 Nope, I didn't blend it without the top on.  I was adding the last ingredient–blueberries from a Costco size bag–when I accidentally knocked the full container off the base.  Whoops!  The children declared that an alien exploded in our kitchen.  We had a good laugh and then cleaned it up...for a very long time.

Next, we headed over to the field to watch (or squint through the fog) while Daddy and the boys played football.  Uncle Christopher and his children stayed the night at our house and joined us for the day.  Our good friends, Rance, Brandy & family also joined us at the field. 

 Brigham was a scared of getting trampled so it took almost until the end of the game for him to put on a flag and join in the fun.  





 It was freezing outside but Neva was actually sweating because I had her so bundled while she slept on me.  

 Brandy & Wyatt

Esmé followed Sydney around like a puppy the whole time.  Sydney didn't mind in the least–she's wonderful with Esmé. 

 Aubrey

 Uncle Christopher

Rance & Bradley

Back at the house, Brigham was super excited about the raw, vegan pecan pie I made just for him.  



After cooking up a few more dishes, we headed over to Grandpa Mark's house to celebrate the holiday with Daddy's side of the family.

 Brigham adores babies and gave the girls lots of attention.

 Neva thought Charlotte was a life-sized doll and wouldn't leave her alone.  

Their expressions in this photo crack me up!  Poor Charlotte looks so frightened. :)

 Brigham was happy to help.

 The dinner table was overcrowded with children.  It's amazing how that seems to have happened in just a few short years.







I also made these single serving gluten-free dutch apple pies.  Auntie Heidi was in Utah with her in-laws and missed all the allergen-free goodness!


 Auntie Jenny & Brig


 Grandpa Mark  & boys

 Daddy read us all a story about the history and meaning of the holiday.


 We played lots of games, including our favorite: Settlers of Catan.






 Grandma Karrie came by and said hello but unfortunately her husband, Alan, has been very sick and wasn't able to make it. 



At the end of the night...


This was a very low-key, relaxing sort of Thanksgiving.  We ate plenty of yummy food and spent lots of time with family–therefore, I'm calling it a huge success. 

6 comments:

  1. Love these photos, Alanna! The one where Charlotte looks scared of Neva is the best :) You are a great photographer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll second what Chris said. The alien death-scene cracked me up too. What great memories, all of them.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Grandpa. And thank you for hosting! :)

      Delete
  2. I love that one too!! Thanks for all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenny. I was cracking up at Charlotte's face when I edited those pics. :)

      Delete