Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

Attention!

Well, it's not often that I post without pictures. I thought this was worth telling though. The other day we were in a very normal routine for us. Allen watched sesame street, had breakfast, and continued the morning by playing with his trains and cars. I did some dishes, nursed Brigham, started laundry, and then sat down to reply to a friend's email. Out of nowhere, Allen chucked a large toy airplane at me while I was sitting at the computer. It startled me and hit my hand and the keyboard. I quickly turned to him with a, "what is wrong with you?!" look. He immediately looked down and began to murmur something like, "I sorry airplane..." I asked him what he wanted and he started mumbling a word I couldn't quite make out. He was saying it over and over again. Finally I got it. He was saying, "attention, attention, attention" while looking down sheepishly. I smiled and asked him, "do you want my attention?" He got a big grin and said, "Yeah." I then asked if he wanted me to play with him and he jumped in my arms while exclaiming, "yes!"
Funny kid! I was dumbfounded. How does he learn these words?! He's learning words faster than I can teach them to him! And I love the way his little mind works. "Hmm...I want mom to play with me. Maybe if I throw my airplane at her she'll understand that I want attention!"

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute how they try and get out attention...what ideas they come up with! you will just love having those two boys! mine are now 4 and 2...and they play together all the time, it's so much fun! but I agree...enjoy the moment and the time when they don't fight as much too! brigham is super cute!
    ~Vanessa "choffin" Jansen

    ReplyDelete