Brad and I were visiting with a friend from Utah the other day when the conversation turned to Cafe' Rio (the place to eat in Utah!). Our absolute favorite dish is the pork salad with creamy dressing. Our friend casually mentioned that she'd gotten a recipe for the pork and would send it to me. I couldn't wait! I searched the internet until I found recipes for the meat, rice, and dressing. Why had it never occurred to me before that we could just MAKE the salad instead of dreaming about the day we could return to Utah to savor it?! I have no idea. Anyway, I have to say, I did myself proud! The meal was fabulous. We just closed our eyes and it took us back! I've now had my Cafe' Rio fix and should be just fine until we move back next summer for a preceptorship...that is, unless I decide to make the meal again. It was quite extensive so I'm not sure if I'll be doing that anytime soon.
i must admit that we are blessed....vegas has a cafe rio. :)
ReplyDeleteOooo that looks so yummy, but I think your cinnamon rolls look better, in fact i think I'm craving some of those!
ReplyDelete